Garage door and window

Arthur

Hello

Have ordered Rationel Alu clad doors and windows for the timber framed house. Ordered the same for Personnel door and window for the detached garage so they matched. Window Distributer has since advised that because the Rationel door and window is 123mm thick I’ll have to put a 50mm batten  on the inside of the garage around the door & window as the garage is single thickness brick only (102mm) and ~30mm setback will be needed for the cill. 
Think this might look unsightly on the inside of the garage. 

Would you 1) continue with the distributors advice and go with a batten 2) cancel the Rationel garage Personnel door and window and find a upvc or al clad thinner door and window frame or 3) other solution? 
thanks. 

Edited by Arthur
More clarity

On 22/06/2023 at 21:46, Arthur said:

Hello

Have ordered Rationel Alu clad doors and windows for the timber framed house. Ordered the same for Personnel door and window for the detached garage so they matched. Window Distributer has since advised that because the Rationel door and window is 123mm thick I’ll have to put a 50mm batten  on the inside of the garage around the door & window as the garage is single thickness brick only (102mm) and ~30mm setback will be needed for the cill. 
Think this might look unsightly on the inside of the garage. 

Would you 1) continue with the distributors advice and go with a batten 2) cancel the Rationel garage Personnel door and window and find a upvc or al clad thinner door and window frame or 3) other solution? 
thanks. 

Hi @Arthur

Well this is a case of personal opinion. 

I would keep the order and batten out. By the time the garage is used it probably won't notice.

Others may do something else. 

Good luck. 

M