Thoughts on what might be the problem - UPVC Sliding door

SteveMack

We've had a UPVC sliding door installed, deceuninck slider24 to be exact so not really a no frills/cheap one; meant to be decent brand.  One side is fixed the other is sliding.

After installation we immediately noticed there was wind blowing through the top and bottom of the fixed window (but not the sides where it has a brush thing), you could feel it and hear it from the top and bottom.  The sliding pane is sealed spot on, not the slightest breeze; first visit they decide to silicon around the outside of the fixed pane (didn't work) and on the second visit they siliconed the inside of the fixed pane which reduced it a little but leaves an ugly view now of a silicon bead that doesn't look like it's meant to be there.  See photos.  I think it's a load of rubbish what they have done to be fair and I've now asked for the manufacturer to come out as it's poor and feels like something has been missed during the install for it not to be weather tight for wind.

The slider also catches on the locking mechanism when it goes across, so much so that the frame is now becoming lose and cracking the plaster/moving.  Granted I haven't put a bead of flexible silicon there yet but I bet even that would crack with how much the frame is moving.

Assume I'm not being fussy here like the engineer is trying to say I am?  He even started saying you need to close the door slowly and don't use the handle as it can make the door flex where you push/pull it.  My response was that the product is sh*te then.

IMG_1333.JPG

IMG_1329.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG

IMG_1334.JPG