a2a installers central belt

Gill

Anyone had any luck with A2A installers in the central belt?

I've so far only managed to get one quote at 13k (ex VAT) for 2 x outdoor units and 4 x indoor units (2 x 1.8, 2 x 3.5) excluding electrical supply setup / isolator work.  Looking at the unit costs on Orion, that seems like a very high cost for partial installation.  One of my solar installers is FGAS registered but has only ever fitted water wet HP pump solutions. I'm assuming that like ASHP, you really want someone familiar with the intricacies of fitting A2A system.

Any recommends out there?

AFAIK - A2A is a different game to A2W,  

Lots of pressure line work - routing, braising the pressure lines charging/pressurising etc then tidy up with trunking.
I wouldn't underestimate complexity esp. if the external to internal is anything more than a straight line through a wall.

Edited by RichardL
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RichardL said:

I wouldn't underestimate complexity esp. if the external to internal is anything more than a straight line through a wall

Thanks. I appreciate there's more to it than meets the eye but looking at parts and install kit well under 6k mark means 6k + for install and overheads. I've another supplier coming Friday - maybe their quote will be inline and I'm miles away with expectation. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RichardL said:

AFAIK - A2A is a different game to A2W,  

Lots of pressure line work - routing, braising the pressure lines charging/pressurising etc then tidy up with trunking.
I wouldn't underestimate complexity esp. if the external to internal is anything more than a straight line through a wall.

Only brazing if you are joining pipework, copper comes in large coils so you can specify no joins in the fabric only in accessible positions.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to come back on this - quote 2 in today at 9k. Quite a difference and included all electric work. The company did an on site visit and came across very knowledgeable. 

One more quote due next week before deciding but quote 2 much more inline with expectations. 

• Like 1