seal/paint interior shed ?

I have a terraced shed that I want to seal/paint the inside of and put up some storage shelves. Its block construction with cement floors and always seems to be pretty dusty and full of cobwebs.

Any ideas on what cheap decent sealer I could use for floors and walls ?
Also considering using expanding foam on the tops of walls to keep the growing false widow population under control. What would be a suitable foam for the job ?
Many thanks

A coat of watered down pva would be the cheapest option then just coats of normal emulsion, splash the cash on masonary paint if you want.

any expanding foam will do the trick, smallest can possible, or line up a few jobs and do lots at one time.

• Like 1

For your paint, I would empty it, clean it out, brush/vaccum it down and then just blast on a sealer/paint type thing. I did the inside of my shed with a concrete and wood sealer, it looks and smells like white-spirit, I just blasted that on.

As for the foaming, take care here, you don't want to seal it all up then start dampness/mould because there is no air movement. Foam is good for some things but often misused and really is the devil. 

I don't know the full details of your building but just think it all through before you potentially cause issues. I might be more tempted by a mesh and staple gun to insect proof the place. 

Edited by Carrerahill
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Carrerahill said:

For your paint, I would empty it, clean it out, brush/vaccum it down and then just blast on a sealer/paint type thing. I did the inside of my shed with a concrete and wood sealer, it looks and smells like white-spirit, I just blasted that on.

As for the foaming, take care here, you don't want to seal it all up then start dampness/mould because there is no air movement. Foam is good for some things but often misused and really is the devil. 

I don't know the full details of your building but just think it all through before you potentially cause issues. I might be more tempted by a mesh and staple gun to insect proof the place. 

What kind of mesh and where would i find it ?

12 minutes ago, Carrerahill said:

There are some vents on the eaves so I think it should be well ventilated even if I foam elsewhere.