Hello from Hampshire

AppleDown

Hello everyone. I preemptively posted a while back asking for a little help and those that replied were super helpful, so thank you.

Now though it’s time to say a proper hello. So, hello! 

My wife and I (plus our 7 month old) are in the initial stages of building our own place. We’re incredibly lucky in that my parents have enough space in their garden for us to potentially build our dream place. I’ll definitely have more questions regarding that in future (shared access, shared sweage treatment etc). 

I’ve spent a lot of time researching and reading up on here, and it seems the best option for us would be a TF supplier - specifically MBC and their insulated slab too.

The plot is within a conservation area, which I’m well aware can cause a plethora of issues. We do currently have planning permission to turn their three car garage into a single dwelling, so we’re hoping this can play somewhat into precedence for a new dwelling on the land.

Trees are an issue, but thankfully we have a potential design that navigates them and their root protection areas.

We have a version 2 design from our architect which I will post up in the applicable thread soon.

Looking forward to learning more and chatting to you knowledgable experts!

• Like 2