Architectural Details

LSB

In all my research I've found this online book about the architecture of building houses.

This lady does architecture student books covering a number of subjects and I found out about her when looking for details on the latest building regs.

See below, as well as residential she covers Basements, Passivhous, commercial and some others and I really like her diagrams.

But, her name is Emma Walshaw, and she's done a number of online books call 'Understanding Architectural Details'.  I've bought the Residential construction one.
https://www.firstinarchitecture.co.uk/

Above this she has also answered some questions for me.

Not cheap, but having bought lots of books this one has provided me with more info about the theory of building requirements than anything else.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@LSB Yes they're awesome aren't they! There is an Extensions book under development and I hope she'll do a Retrofit book in the future to help when looking at structures that don't mee the current building regs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparrowhawk said:

@LSB Yes they're awesome aren't they! There is an Extensions book under development and I hope she'll do a Retrofit book in the future to help when looking at structures that don't mee the current building regs.

That would be interesting and is our current house which will definitely needs some changes before it's sold in the future.
Particularly in that area of insulation.