Hello I'm Niall from County Antrim

Niall Patrick

Hi I'm Niall age 51 male married no kids and a private tenant but bought a do-er upper in County Donegal as a holiday retreat and hopefully retire to it .  In my regular working life I carry out non emergency repairs and maintenance with the odd rip out and refurb, prior to that I worked in engineering mostly making and fitting wrought iron railings fire escapes and also worked on quite a few full scale building sites. 

I usually work on the old stone cottage at weekends but had to side line the project while I deal with a serious issue with my landlord his regular heating and gas engineer and the new company hired to deal with the essential maintenance (gas boiler issue).  I do the bulk of maintenance myself and repairs but don't touch gas or electrics and the bulk of plumbing.  We live in an upstairs flat so best left to the pro's who have left me and the wife high and dry.

5 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Welcome.

Did you research the well known mica issues with some builds in Donegal??

It's an old Donegal stone cottage, more quirky than quick fix but it was cheap enough.  I'm not using block work, like for like where needed using matching stone

• Like 2