Back lit bathroom mirror

Temp

For my next project I'm thinking of building an illuminated bathroom mirror. Something irregular shape like this to suit our bathroom that has a sloping ceiling above the basin.

M22_organic.jpg.18b6f333398e87b14f62b8e1f30790c3.jpg

I can get a mirror cut easy enough. The back will be something like 20mm mdf painted/sealed with a waterproof LED strip around the edge. 

I haven't started looking for LED drivers yet but I know there are loads available. Does anyone know if there are types that remember their brightness/colour settings over a power outage? That way I could wire it to the same light switch as the main room lights.

I want one of these..

Found on Amazon..

Pacakeg included: 1pc Waterproof IP65 RGB W WW LED strip. Not include power supply and controller, you need purchase them. DC24V power supply (ASIN: B00OLYAGSC), wife controller (ASIN: B07HK9G478), or controller (ASIN: B082D5NM75) for the strip.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

That looks very nice indeed. I like the way that the curves contrast with the straight lines in the rest of the bathroom.

Rather than do something as creative as you have, I just went out and bought one. SWMBO really likes it, but I don't like it very much because of its infrared switch. You have to wave your hand in front of it before the damn thing lights up. I know it's a first world problem, but it seems to manage to switch itself off just as quickly as it switches itself on  - one hand movement can cause it to both switch on and off.

As I say, a first world problem.