Ventilation for SIPS garden room

Robbie1986

Hi all, hoping someone can offer some advice. I have had a 24sq/m (internal Dims) SIPS garden room at the end of my garden but have started to think about ventilation. I am currently looking at a single room MVHR but have read somewhere on here (Can't find the thread now though) that the in and out versions in 60/70 seconds are not that good. Can anyone offer advice of an alternative through the wall ventilation unit or thoughts on the ones I am looking at below. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. The main reason I would like something is to remove moisture and poor air quality, heat recovery is a bonus

https://www.ventilationland.co.uk/product/40954/decentralised-mvhr-unit-o100-mm-with-switch.html?utm_source=googleshoppingUK&utm_campaign=googleshopping-FeedUK&gclid=CjwKCAiA0JKfBhBIEiwAPhZXDxYwMBtUxLVXYhrk39eOHSkoyRAB8ClbHtO-flt8-kRJMmAIquF9hBoCCJoQAvD_BwE

https://www.fastlec.co.uk/aerisminiwhi-white-blauberg-heat-recovery-unit-single-room

Thanks in advance

Robert

Sorry slightly orthogonal, but do the doors/windows not have trickle vents? (Are you doing this for fear of insufficient ventilation, or actual experience of damp/condensation build up?)

I am installing a garden room, and thought I'd just leave trickle vents in although in principle I'd rather buy windows without them, that's generally more expensive and hassle and didn't seem worth it. 

(We'll be using it as a indoor cycling gym but when working out no amount of trickle / extract vent helps, gotta be windows  open and a fan on full blast)

Thanks @JohnMo

@joth I have a set of French doors which do not have any trickle vents at present but I have bought some to fit retrospectively. A bit of both really, as the room isn't in use yet (bare insulated concrete floor and painted plaster) I haven't been down too much over the last couple of months to turn heater on but have noticed the glass on the doors are pretty wet when I do pop down. As it is SIPS it does seem super well insulated so have been looking at ventilation for air flow to avoid any potential moisture or mould issues

My use is more for leisure purposes, looking to have a pool table, dart board & tv just as a little family room to use year round. Definitely will more than likely leave doors open during the hot summer months when in use

What method are using for your build? Are you going down the SIPS route like myself?

Rob

21 minutes ago, Robbie1986 said:

What method are using for your build? Are you going down the SIPS route like myself?

We decided against SIPs in the end purely based on price and friendliness of supplier. They're doing stick build 100mm insulation all around so hopefully close to SIPs performance.

As I say it's a gym so insulation (at this point) not crucial: the whole reason we're building it is the renovated house has been far too hot to work out in over this winter!

Hopefully both the builds go to plan

I do have a bike in the spare living room that may go down to the garden room at some point, I don't think anything will be too intense to warrant added ventilation for that purpose. Finding information on the MMVHR needs for a SIPS room has proven fairly difficult though - kind of thinking I should have gone with he log lap or stick build now