Detailing Beam and Block - DPM

I'm close to getting our concrete floor beams in place. The bearing walls are mostly built and the beams are on site.

20221216_150740.thumb.jpg.c658a2745b6192c0eb4cf197a98aaef5.jpg

For the outer perimeter bearing walls, I'm thinking of laying DPM along the full length of the bearing wall, turning up to cover the ends of the beams, then back in on top of the beams/blocks once grouted? So essentially forming a C-shape to encapsulate the beams? I'd have thought 450mm DPM would be sufficient for this? (100mm bearing, 175mm deep beams, 150-175mm left to turn back in?)

Presumably the internal sleeper walls where beams meet just need a narrow band of DPM under the beams with no turning up? My sleeper walls are 215mm, so 300mm DPM should more than suffice there.

Is anything further needed to protect the cut ends of the beams to protect them from damp?

I’ve just this and on our previous build 

I used 600 dpc Turned it up and laid the first corse of block on it 

I wouldn’t worry about the grouting the Brickies will do it for fee 😁

1 minute ago, nod said:

I’ve just this and on our previous build 

I used 600 dpc Turned it up and laid the first corse of block on it 

I wouldn’t worry about the grouting the Brickies will do it for fee 😁

Cheers @nod. Ours is an ICF build, so not too much brickwork to do, just internal wall blockwork.

2 hours ago, Mulberry View said:

Cheers @nod. Ours is an ICF build, so not too much brickwork to do, just internal wall blockwork.

I see block and beam on sites everyday and can never understand why they roll out a 100 mil dpc 

Covering the ends just looks right