Rear extension under PD combine with existing side extension

JayBo1979

Hi there,

I wish to do a rear one/two storey extension on my corner plot semi detached property.

The house has an existing side (kitchen) extension that is flush with the rear of the main house and set back 3m at the front. This was done through planning permission (not PD) many years ago

A couple of questions:

1) AM i able to extend along the whole length of the rear of the property (including side extension) under PD or am i only able to go as far as the width of the original house/footprint? (As otherwise it would be extending the width by more than half the width of the ‘property’?)

2) Can i go to a second storey as long as its 2m from my boundary with neighbour and then single storey for the rest of the width? (See red outline on photo)

3) If i am unable to go full length (including side extension) I guess I could always apply for PP for this at a later date after id done the PD single/double storey extension at back of original property? This way would avoid the 45 degree rule etc?

A couple of photos

THanks

J

C46114DE-3722-4745-AC32-5469D6088D38.jpeg

C72A07D2-145C-45DE-AA79-2ED651EB5367.jpeg

10 hours ago, DevilDamo said:

That would require Planning as the single storey element which would be “joined” to the two storey element would be positioned within 2m of the boundary.

Really? That doesn’t seem right? Do you have a link to guidance stating this?

This video seems to suggest otherwise 

Once you have a property that is already extended, it becomes very different to do anything elegant that does not require PP.

But don’t be put off by the fact you will need PP. Hire a good planning consultant and they can advise you what is realistically achievable.

• Like 1