Creative door and shutter ideas please

Jilly

My planning permission says I have to have a plain door (Conservation Area, pita to change anything) on the stable conversion extension. However, my problem is that the room is very dark and so I have come up with the idea of a 4 way stable door, with glass on the upper and lower inner parts so that we can let light/heat in (south facing)  and effectively a shutter arrangement on the outside to comply with planning and for weather extremes and visits from the planners. 

The carpentry firm has said that the inner leaf will have to open inwards though, which is a pain, as I want cupboards near the door. Can anyone suggest some hinge solution to get over this? (I think this is the stumbling block). Or anything else?!

I would fit the inner door as normal in a frame in the opening. Then fit an outer door to the face of the outside wall as you would a hinged shutter. Depends what you can get away with.

The outer door could be hinged or sliding. Just needs to be big enough to be out of tye way of the inner door. Could even be two doors one sliding to the left and the other to the right. A bit like these but external grade doors.. 

1337711979_images(1).jpeg.09fa54cb3674533842f2aadbfddcf4e3.jpegdownload.jpeg.48ed3852dc5c818d137ff5bf4e69aaa2.jpeg1539691094_images(2).jpeg.e2619b39b3b1d18f16cbb566f0be409c.jpeg

• Thanks 1