UFH manifold pump and radiators on first floor

Joshua Graham

Have you designed the radiators to work at the same temperature as the UFH?  Generally the flow temp for UFH is well below that required for a radiator.

Whether an issue for the pump would depend on the what pump you are using.

Would you be better plumbing for the radiators and using two close coupled tees from the radiator circuit to supply the UFH manifold?

5 hours ago, JohnMo said:

Have you designed the radiators to work at the same temperature as the UFH?  Generally the flow temp for UFH is well below that required for a radiator.

Whether an issue for the pump would depend on the what pump you are using.

Would you be better plumbing for the radiators and using two close coupled tees from the radiator circuit to supply the UFH manifold?

Hi John,

Yes the radiators are set to run at 35 degrees, basically oversized. I used a couple calculators to work out the btu sizes for the temp. Its also regulated by digital thermostats. I want to avoid using TRVs on my radiators as I prefer the digital thermostats on the walls with a couple extra thermometers around the rooms. A very similar pump, brand and model etc, has a 6.5m delivery head, which from what I have read, represents the max it can push water against gravity. The radiators are about 3.5m max above the pump, would it stand a chance? What else should I consider?