Flexi Duct - Help Connecting to Spigots !!

I am nearly ready to install my new MVHR unit and I think I have everything ready to go.  My pipework is nominally 125mm.

I have just tried a test fit of some Flexi Duct to the spigots on the MVHR unit, it seems hard to get it onto the spigot.  Is there a trick to using this stuff?  Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

Assuming it is wired then you start where the wire is cut and work around the spiral pushing it onto the spigot a bit at a time. If you just try to push it on in one go the wire spiral closes up bunching the duct material making the id smaller.

48 minutes ago, markc said:

Assuming it is wired then you start where the wire is cut and work around the spiral pushing it onto the spigot a bit at a time. If you just try to push it on in one go the wire spiral closes up bunching the duct material making the id smaller.

Excellent thanks and yes it is the wired type, I was going to add a Jubilee or worm drive clip to keep it in place and possibly some aluminium foil tape as well, but are they needed as it will be pretty tight?

6 hours ago, TimCx said:

Excellent thanks and yes it is the wired type, I was going to add a Jubilee or worm drive clip to keep it in place and possibly some aluminium foil tape as well, but are they needed as it will be pretty tight?

As the pressures are very low and if duct is tight then jubilee clips won’t be necessary but taping is good to make air tight and prevent movement. Insulating tape is good due to the stretch and flexibility. Aluminium tape is ok on rigid ductwork 

2 hours ago, markc said:

As the pressures are very low and if duct is tight then jubilee clips won’t be necessary but taping is good to make air tight and prevent movement. Insulating tape is good due to the stretch and flexibility. Aluminium tape is ok on rigid ductwork 

Wow thanks again, can I ask what you mean by 'insulating tape' is that the electrical type tape or something else?