Class AA, and then use of alternative classes

Lollypop

I have created an additional storey with prior approval under class aa of the GDPO. Local authority has been notified that this has been completed, to which they have just updated the application online to show developers declaration of completion.

The defined condition to the order is not to have side windows, on walls that form a side elevation.

Class A says I can add a side window to a dwelling house. As mine is complete, my interpretation is that it is now the existing house to include prior developments and given I have no conditions assigned in my approval, my full permitted development rights are intact.

I'm not sure theres many that have utilised the additional storey, and curious to have missed something. Basically my house is legal to this point, and will adding the window after completion, turn my original development into non compliance... or do we think that declaring it finished puts a line in the sand and it's free reign. If I'm correct then other things such as dormer windows and solar pv would be viable which I expect they would. 

• 2 weeks later...