Tarmac overlay for driveway

studs

We would like to get the driveway done as it should be one of the final bits and pieces to  complete the home renovations. Unfortunately, we have gone over budget and we could not justify having a completely brand new driveway (digging it out to foundation level and starting from scratch) as we have already spent a lot on the house and do not know if we will still be here in the next 5+ years to make it worthwhile. 

As you can see from the photos, it has sunk (all of the other driveways in the estate have as the foundations must not have been laid well by the developers when they built the estate 20 years ago) so I was wondering what the cheapest way to have the driveway refurbished would be? Even if it lasted 5-10 years, it would be fine so I was hoping that there may be a way to fill the part which has sunk then resurface the rest of the tarmac. I understand that it will start to sink again in 5-10 years  (since we will not be fixing it at foundation level) but that is something I have considered. 464453457_IMG_1430(1).thumb.jpg.77b7c9b56ac358bd0dc03ec9e37666fa.jpg

288262664_IMG_1428(1).jpg

Resurfacing is no problem and as it has already settled then unlikely there would be any more. You want someone who does pavement tarmac jobs with a small paver machine. Hand laid over a wide area looks awful.

or pull the tarmac up and replace with paving blocks

Edited by markc

Thanks for coming back to me on this! So basically, it would be better to find someone smaller who does pavement tarmac jobs with a small paver machine as opposed to using the driveway companies?