DPM underlay or overlap?

James94

21 hours ago, James94 said:

@markcthanks for clearing that up.

is it best to put the 25mm upstanding directly on the block and beam or sat on top of the pir?

thanks 

On top of Pir to reduced gaps and easier to seal etc

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this sounds a silly question but just finishing of the 25mm pir edging strip and was wondering the correct way of taping slip membrane down. Does it have to go up the face of the perimeter pir or can I just cut it up to it and tape to the floor insulation

If so do I then tape the perimeter expansion foam down to the slip membrane as i'm unsure of procedure.

Regards  James

Edited by James94

10 minutes ago, James94 said:

Sorry if this sounds a silly question but just finishing of the 25mm pir edging strip and was wondering the correct way of taping slip membrane down. Does it have to go up the edge pir or can I just cut it up to it and tape to the 100mm floor pir?

If so do I then tape the wunda expansion foam down to the slip membrane as i'm unsure of procedure.

Regards  James

If I’m understanding the question correctly then No right or wrong way, all you are doing is stopping concrete or screed from going down any gaps, 1 to prevent possible cold spots and 2 to prevent sagging or low spots as the runny stuff seeps away.

Edited by markc

8 minutes ago, James94 said:

@markc

Thanks for the quick response, will it be ok to use any tape or does it have to be a dpm tape?

Regards  James

Pretty much any tape will do, duct tape works really well, as does wide insulating tape