3 hours ago, kommando said:

So assuming the retired surveyor is not the neighbour who does not live there and the BT line is furthest away from the retired surveyors buildings then go for the BT line route. Its marked as 300mm deep so easy to find as it will be even shallower and just reveal it and lay to one side and then finish the trench to the depth you want. Lay in the new services, partly cover and then put the BT back in but to one side. 

Yes, it's quite shallow and quite visible where they patched up the tarmac. 

It is on the side closest to the surveyor, but I think they'd be happy with this distance. 

Edited by Maria
Typo

Thanks everyone for the input.

I think I'll agree on min acceptable distance from the garages and then tell the contractor that's what we have to work with.

And, yes, as Kommando suggested,  gently push BT cable away if it gets in the way.  Hopefully there is some slack to it 

Our groundworks contractor's digger man got excited cos he saw his man arriving with diesel and he was running short.  Forgot to lower the arm and snapped the neighbours overhead BT line.

Openreach have a 24 hour service for things like this and the line was duly re-instated within the time.

Cost - a fridge pack of Thatchers Gold and a bit of a lul in income on the kind of sites retired single men frequent.

So basically get on with it and Openreach will fix any issue in 24 hours.

Simon

• Thanks 1