Hello again

andyscotland

Hi everyone,

I'm self-building a garage conversion and small extension in Edinburgh as the first phase of updating our house.

It's not been going entirely to plan - now about 4 years in to a "six month project" 🤣. In my defence I wasn't expecting to be getting a puppy, homeschooling through lockdowns, several months of recovery from a concurrent sciatic nerve injury & badly sprained ankle, and various other things that have come up. So maybe I'm actually doing ok!

There have certainly been points I wished I'd never started - probably not as many as there have been for my wife but she's still here for now 😂 - but I think it'll be worth it in the end.

The structure, glazing and external cladding is all done now, just finishing battening out the ceiling and approaching first fix.

I originally trained in theatre production and through that as a City & Guilds qualified spark, plus a bit of joinery, metalwork etc. Not done that for a living for about 15 years though. The rest I've learned from previous DIY projects and of course the internet!

I was on here a bit earlier in the project but drifted away as life took over, so I just thought I'd say hello again :)

• Like 1