Planning permission for extension but ended up as a new build - VAT reclaim

Hi

I'd really like some help please with a new build I have just completed and had signed off. 

There are 2 planning permissions. Originally as per the first planning permission the proposal was to extend the original property by knocking half or it down and rebuilding, however after starting the demolition in February 2017 it was found not possible to start the extension due to the unseen dilapidation of the rest of the original building, so the original property was completely demolished and started from scratch. Later we applied for complete new build retrospectively, and got this new build planning application accepted retrospectively.

Will there be any complication in reclaiming my VAT?

Thanks

Give it a go but I have heard of people having their reclaim refused because at the time the work was done it wasn't legal or didn't qualify.

One example concerned a large extension. It was originally granted PP as a granny Annex. Half way through the build they got PP changed so it could be sold off as a seperate dwelling. HMRC only approved items on the reclaim purchased after the PP was changed.