Window reveals and cavity

j_s

Hi all

Just finishing making lots of improvements to my house (fixing all the bodges the builders made back in 2007). They didn't bother putting cavity closers in a fair few reveals but put the odd one here and there but not sealing them or anything. The brickwork is not even and out of alignment to get a decent fit with the cavity closers so I'm doing my best with what Ive got.

I was thinking of doubling up the insulation at the reveal to seal the cavity so adding the left over 25mm pir boards in first and foaming / using a building adhesive to get them airtight. Should I tape up the non foiled edge that will face the outer brick to stop any chance of water absorbing or will the foil tape add a very small cold bridge? 

The closers will then go in afterwards nice and tight to the pir boards. I have the closers already and cut to size. Final fitting will be done when Ive removed the rest of the plasterboard on the external walls in the 2 rooms ready for block repair and sealing up all junctions and blocks. 

Edited by j_s