Site Insurance for Public Liability Only

iMCaan

Hi All

I'm project managing a new/self build. 

I don't need an insurance to cover building works. I only need a site insurance to cover public liability. Does public liability cover sub-contractors who may not have their own insurance?  If no, then I need an insurance that covers them too.

Can someone please recommend an insurance company that would meet these needs?

Protek don't provide site insurance without building works. 

I got an online quote from Simply Business as a builder but that is a business cover. The insurance includes public and employer liability. However, I'm not registered as a sole trader. I'm an employee myself. So I'm not sure if this would work for me.

Any suggestions/comments.

Thanks

iMCaan

32 minutes ago, iMCaan said:

Hi All

I'm project managing a new/self build. 

I don't need an insurance to cover building works. I only need a site insurance to cover public liability. Does public liability cover sub-contractors who may not have their own insurance?  If no, then I need an insurance that covers them too.

Can someone please recommend an insurance company that would meet these needs?

Protek don't provide site insurance without building works. 

I got an online quote from Simply Business as a builder but that is a business cover. The insurance includes public and employer liability. However, I'm not registered as a sole trader. I'm an employee myself. So I'm not sure if this would work for me.

Any suggestions/comments.

Thanks

iMCaan

We used Protec last time and will probably use them again 

public liability and the building against fire theft and vandalism 

A basic policy 

You don’t want to get involved uncovering subcontractors 

All subcontractors should have public liability cover

Thanks nod. I did approach Protek but their quote was way too high for me, close to 2k, mainly because of rebuild cover.

I tried to enter lower rebuild cost but their online quote system prompted to enter minium ~£1200 per square meter and it won't allow me to proceed.

Is there a downside to getting a business insurance that covers public liability, as a builder, sole trader?