Hi…

Wuey

Hello everyone

Will be demolishing our current home, and replacing with an ICF new build house with a separate subterranean garage. So lots to get our heads around and also lots of things we undoubtedly don’t know yet! We intend to self manage the build so I may become a regular on this forum when things get tricky….

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Hi Susie

We haven’t made a decision yet - we’ve literally just started talking to ICF suppliers this week and so are doing a site visit tomorrow to look at a couple of other local ICF builds underway that one of our potential suppliers has set up for us. We’re hoping to get three quotes back for different suppliers, then will make our decision.

Happy to share our decision once we’ve got through the selection stage.

We have seen Nudura and R-wall.  At the moment R-wall is in the lead, they are local to us and doing their own self build and took us to another that’s local. There is also less wastage as the blocks can be cut down and all the off cuts can get used.  We haven’t got planning permission yet so things can all change. 

Hi there

Yes exciting indeed - although I’ve got to be honest, it’s been disappointing to discover how difficult it is to find engineers and technical architects that know this product and can help with the building regs drawings etc.

Low point of the week- calling an architect and him asking me “what is ICF”?!?!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2