Bora pure recirculation hob - moisture

Ashleek

Hi, we’re installing a Bora Pure recirculating hob into an island, the vent comes out the back of the cupboard and pushes the fumes down the bottom and out through the plinth.

my partner is worried about the moisture that is pulled into the hob and out the back. She thinks it will make the back of the units damp, and moisture will fill within the island. Does anyone know if this happens with the Bora recirculation or is moisture contained in the unit? Would the gap between the units get damp from condensation?

looking at the installation manual it says ‘ensure sufficient ventilation and aeration to expel humidity’

I’ve not been able to find an answer so hoping you can help or advise the best option?

we’ve not been able to use the exhaust system and vent directly outside because of the concrete floor is already installed.

hope you can help,

Ash

8F345999-FAD0-4BB2-AABC-C947392436FF.png

A057D689-B356-48D3-ABD4-7F94A2AB9AC9.jpeg

Edited by Ashleek

A valid point to worry. Not just condensate but also grease that will accumulate overtime. Air filter is no perfect. 

A better way is to duct the exhaust to the bottom and exhaust under the plinth. 

You would still need extraction within the Kitchen to fulfil the building regulation. 

23 hours ago, hb1982 said:

A valid point to worry. Not just condensate but also grease that will accumulate overtime. Air filter is no perfect. 

A better way is to duct the exhaust to the bottom and exhaust under the plinth. 

You would still need extraction within the Kitchen to fulfil the building regulation. 

I don’t have a bora but a elica . Mine vents down to the plinth . No condensation issues to date . Has carbon filters to remove grease / smell etc. ; too date no issues