Should I or shouldn't I go for MVHR?

So, is it possible to establish what the ACH @50pa is for my house from the air permeability figure of 1.42 m3(hm2).  I understand that you cannot just apply a conversion ratio to get the answer, but beyond that I'm lost.

Colin.

10 minutes ago, pulhamdown said:

So, is it possible to establish what the ACH @50pa is for my house from the air permeability figure of 1.42 m3(hm2).  I understand that you cannot just apply a conversion ratio to get the answer, but beyond that I'm lost.

Colin.

If you have the actual air leakage test figure from the air test report, in m³/hr, then you can use that, together with the calculated internal volume of the house, to derive the ACH

19 hours ago, JSHarris said:

If you have the actual air leakage test figure from the air test report, in m³/hr, then you can use that, together with the calculated internal volume of the house, to derive the ACH

I'm sure you can.  But how? 

Just divide the measured air leakage rate in m³/hr by the volume of the house, in m³, and you should get the ACH figure.

For example, our house measured air leakage rate at 50 Pa was 199m³/hr, and the house internal volume is 462m³.  199m³/hr divided by 462m³ = 0.43 Air Changes per Hour (ACH).

Edited by JSHarris
typo