To what level of detail

livingthedream

Hi, I seem to be getting conflicting advise, and with out council removing pre-planning permission advise service, just after some advise.

We are buying a new build house, at the rear left of the house is a car port to which we are converting into a granny annex. We are having plans drawn up now, we are only extending a single flat roof section, so it's not a complex extension. 

Do we only really need to provide drawings on the overall plan with sizes and elevation drawings? do we need to show any ordnance and plot type plans? (or what ever they are called)

I read some advise to keep the drawings as simplistic as possible to show just the basis of what is being planned, so being less to pick at, but then I also don't want to waste time if we can include them?

Yes and yes … you can buy your standard plot maps cheaply online for about £25. They are part of the statutory response so required. 

In terms of elevation detail, you should be able to get a sketch plan of the elevations pretty easily done as they are just block boxes - no need for immense detail other than of the changing items. Photos in applications are always good - helps focus on what is changing etc 

20 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Yes and yes … you can buy your standard plot maps cheaply online for about £25. They are part of the statutory response so required. 

In terms of elevation detail, you should be able to get a sketch plan of the elevations pretty easily done as they are just block boxes - no need for immense detail other than of the changing items. Photos in applications are always good - helps focus on what is changing etc 

Great thanks, I will get them included, do the plot maps need have detailed information on them, or it simply used to give an overall position of proposed extension etc

As in does it have to be mm perfect, or a rough outline of the current car port and then with our proposed extension

Rough order dimensions are fine at large scale for plots,  but you should always add a visible scale (inc a scale identifier) on every plan not just the “1:50” etc in the drawing block for the detail drawings. 

• Like 1

As long as you have all the data, with the correct scales, and it is fully annotated then a single page is fine. I would say though that harks back to the old school A0 architect paper plans and not the more recent CAD where everything is in different files 

2 hours ago, PeterW said:

As long as you have all the data, with the correct scales, and it is fully annotated then a single page is fine. I would say though that harks back to the old school A0 architect paper plans and not the more recent CAD where everything is in different files 

Hi Peter, I was kind of hoping to do the opposite to a single document, as I already have Site Plan etc in one scale, but I maybe over complicating things. Just wasn't sure if submitting a few documents was bad Idea.