Identifying concrete blocks (CMU)

phloaw

Hello, this is a house in UK, built in the early '70s.
Some parts of the outer walls are made of concrete blocks.
I suppose they are one of the usual types: e.g., aggregate, lightweight or aircrete, but I'm not sure which one.
I would like to know in order to buy the appropriate anchors/fixings.
Any suggestion/input welcome.
Their size is approximately 44.5x22cm, they have no identifying signs or marks visible.
I attach pics.
TIA
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

Edited by phloaw
clarify

3 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

Blocks are standard sizes. What kind of fixing are you considering and for what purpose?

Thanks. I need to hang a radiator on a dot and dab wall in the same house, and the blocks are the ones showed here. Need to decide what fixings.

There are  good fixings that will hold to the plasterboard, or you can use long screws to the block. I would trust the plasterboard, just use plenty of fixings in case someone sits on the radiator.

There are all sorts of fancy fixings but I would just use plastic wall-plugs, and plenty of them as the brackets have several holes. BUT pay the little bit more for a known branded make.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, saveasteading said:

There are  good fixings that will hold to the plasterboard, or you can use long screws to the block. I would trust the plasterboard, just use plenty of fixings in case someone sits on the radiator.

There are all sorts of fancy fixings but I would just use plastic wall-plugs, and plenty of them as the brackets have several holes. BUT pay the little bit more for a known branded make.

Thanks. I'd still like to know whether those blocks are standard breeze blocks (aka aggregate) or aircrete (aka thermalite). Any guess?