Munchincocopops

Hi  - Just joined as I'm after some advice on underfloor heating boiler control.

Anyhow, I'm retired, once an Electrical Engineer and a DIY nut who must do everything myself....well bar gas (my son does this as qualified to do so) and plastering (I'm just not good enough though I've tried) and I hate brickwork...but can do it ...just so slow!

My Dad was a joiner by trade and building inspector who loved working with wood and any building projects at home.

So its in my blood....but this is the last job as age is taking its toll and time to step back if I can. - Oh - forgot....extension I have just finished is a large garden room and new kitchen and untility.

Just my findings on a few points.

Roof is Classicbond EPDM 1.5mm as slope is 7 degrees as single storey 5m out. Did it in one piece 12.5m x 5.5m....me and my son laid it in a few hours. Took me longer to fit Velux roof windows but not difficult. I was told by a roofer thats it was better than competitors as you can get the creases out of the Classicbond rubber. All I can say is I have only used this for the first time, no creases, easy to lay and works just fine.

Sliding patio doors - can I recommend them here - Expressbifolds.co.uk  - great doors and good fiiting job  (supply and fit) - lovely showroom at Leeds.

Buy a green self levelling laser , a multicutter and a bevel if you do not have one. Always buy the best tool for the job....makes life so much easier.

NIce forum and nice to meet you.

Edited by Munchincocopops