Door and Window fitter potential errors - Advice

vekz

Hi all

I was wondering if you could give me some advice on a door and window installation that I am doing as part of renovating my house.

1)   Rear extension Door (cavity wall)

Attached Picture: Fitter has put a strip on one side of the door frame. This is quite odd and I believe they have measured incorrectly and added a filler strip to cover the error. The fitter is saying the strip is necessary as the hinges on the inside would be too close to the wall that needs to be plastered.

I believe the frame could have been made wider and the hinge could have been put in the same place by the door maker (or any place in fact).

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts?

Note: Door opening inside was my request and I know usually it opens on outside.  

2)    Windows

As seen in attached picture, the trim on the top is smaller. This is a Victorian house so the windows measure slightly differently however the fitter is saying he has aligned the window to the line in blue. I was wondering is this correct or should you usually adjust the size of the window and the trim should be the right size.

Thank you for any input in advance

Door.png

Window.png

Sorry, not going to be what you want to hear tbh.

Not seeing any issue with the trim / extension on door. Standard profile for door so extra space required hinge side. Unlikely to be a measurement mistake as he obviously ordered with the door.

Windows seem to be measured spot on tbh. You can adjust the window size but it does depend on many factors. I think he’s chosen the best option here.

If I’m honest, i think you’re seeing something you don’t like but probably could have been explained/discussed with you prior to the order. So that you had enough understanding as to the reasons why.

Edited by craig