Garage door details

Good afternoon.

I'm part way though getting planning permission for a new garage, things are looking a little more hopefull now so I'm back to thinking about the details again...

I'm planning to build using Nudura ICF and could do with some thoughts/words of wisdom about the garage door threashold details.

This is a large garage (9.5m x 7m) so will come under building regs,. It's not heated, just insulated to keep it reasonably comfortable for a garage/workshop for myself.

So far I'm planning to use Geocell recycled glass for the subbase as that will give insulation and a solid base in one product. And then I'm less likely to worry about how stable EPS or smilar would be for under a garage floor (I'm building to allow fitting a two post lift eventually). On top of that is going to be a 100mm concrete slab, then build the ICF walls to form the perimeter, then once the walls ect are finished, a second 100mm deep concrete slab over the top of the first. The reason being the first will give a solid surface to fix the ICF supports to but then I want a nice smooth powerfloated finish for the garage floor without any holes in it that need filling. A litte over-engineered perhaps but unless there is any glaring issues people can see with it, I want the best finish that I can achieve.

Originally I was thinking of using the Nudura under the garage door threashold, up to the top of the first 100mm slab, then when the second slab goes in, having that flow through the door opening to create the threshold, with a 30-40mm step in it so the door closes onto the lower part to help it seal and keep out any driven rain. I could reinforce the step with a bit of steal angle (galve, painted etc) if needed.

I started wondering about how best to finishe the DMP. Should I just run it out through the door and finish it at the edge of the slab, or should it be finished some other way?

Another option would be to use curb stones along the front of the slab to help reinforce it against wheels 'tearing' at the edge and also act in a slightly saecreficial way.

Or are there any better ideas??

Part of the reason for using the nudura under the door opening was to reduce any thermal bridging, I know the room isnt heated, but I figured that every little helps.

Is it really much of a big deal? Am I better just having the concrete slab going down to the foundation level and so making the threshold stronger still?

I'm planning an insulated sectional garage door from Securoglide, to be fitted in the reveals rather than on the inside face of the walls.

On a side note, the geocell glass supplier recomend using a geotextile under for the DMP, but in my mind that wont keep damp out, so surely that should be  a proper DMP sheeting?

I've attached a couple of PDFs that hopefully help with my explanation.

Any thoughts or comments would be most helpfull.

Many thanks!!

GARAGE DOOR DETAIL.pdf TYPICAL WALL & FLOOR DETAIL.pdf