Mitsubishi Ecodan FTC6 Controller Issues

Blendworth

Has any one had issues with the FTC6 not powering  the remote controller?

Having installed many heat pumps over the last 15 years, my preference because Mitsubishi Ecodan units for the built quality and the connectivity with bespoke system. I had a W85 on my last house and having recently moved house, I went for the same arrangement, a Mitsubishi Ecodan W85 with a FTC6. Ive fitted a fair few of these units over the last 10 years and for the first time ever, I have a issue with the one I am fitting to my house. I can not for the life of me get the remote controller to power up. Ive changed the wiring 3 times, move the controller from the preferred location to directly adjacent to the FTC6 panel with several inches of cable between them, played with the dip-switches and still nothing. 

I want to make sure I am not going mad before I go back to Mitsubishi with my issue because I've never had a installation issue with any Mitsubishi kit before. 

Items tested, checked and replaced; connecting cable replace, connecting cable relocated(in the case in interference), controller replaced, dip-switches moved on and off several times. No voltage on the controller connections but I am not sure what if any voltage I would see as the book appears to not provide any voltage for the controller, Incoming voltage to the panel is 238-244v. I've tried powering the FTC locally and form the outdoor unit. I've even stripped out all the other connection so its only the incoming power supply, the FTC6 itself, and the remote controller, still nothing. 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

evening. resurrecting this briefly to see if anyone else has come across this at all? my Ecodan ASHP and UVC has been installed and they went to commission it and no power to the remote control unit. it was subjected to the recent flooding event I had so the conclusion from the installers was that it must be broken due to the flooding. I've brought the remote controller in and put it in the airing cupboard overnight and will try again in the morning but I was wondering if anyone else had any things for me to try before I get the installers to get a new controller.

so it wasn't the controller at all. my troubleshooting included taking it apart and plugging a 9V battery onto it and it jumped in to life. i checked the power at the FTC6 end at the connector block and there wasn't any power going to the connector block. after going through the manual i saw it stated to ensure the ASHP was turned on before the Controller. so i went and checked the isolator and that was on but when i checked the CU the RCBO for the ASHP was turned off! doh!

turned the ASHP and controller is now working and ASHP is running.

i do forgive the installers for missing the fact that the ASHP wasn't powered on. it was quite late yesterday evening after a long day that they were commissioning it and were amazing at getting the install fitted in before the Christmas break so it's all good in the end. glad i didn't have to buy another controller and we can now get the screed warmed up in the basement to help with drying it out.