laundry ceramic taps just dribbling

arpie

Hi guys

Sadly, my husband has dementia and whilst he USED to be just brilliant at home maintenance & stuff .... now, pretty well he stuffs up everything he tries to maintain!  :(  

My brother is fantastic at DIY home maintenance but he lives 4 hours away & can't visit with covid restrictions ..... so apart from chatting on the phone (or getting a plumber in) I was hoping to go thru all the options available to me to try & rectify this!!

All our taps were changed to Ceramics about 10 years ago - could it be something to do with the ceramic disc?  But it is weird that it is both tap handles, not just the one.  The laundry tap has never 'really' had a strong flow - but just recently, it became a 'dribble' (both hot and cold taps.) There are no exposed hoses in the cupboard under the sink (or a separate turn off tap) so all piping is hidden behind the wall.  

All the other taps & showers in the house have normal flow.  No-one has tampered with the mains tap either.

I've checked & cleaned the aerator & put a small camera up the tap spout to see if there was any blockage & couldn't see any .....

Should I take the spout off & replace it with a shower head (that I know is 'ok') ... just to see if the flow is ok? ..... 

Would you have any other suggestions that I should try before calling in a plumber?  Mind you - I rarely use those taps .... and can easily fill the mop bucket in the bath ...... 

many thanks in advance

Arpie

Arpie sorry to read about your husband. I can't help you with the above enquiry but I thought I should tell you about something I recently discovered. She sheds. The one in our area runs courses that help with joinery, electrics/white goods and upholstery. I have heard others do plumbing. TBH it's brilliant because for whatever reason, women are best to be able to do some basic fix's if they can, life can throw some of the most unwelcome curve balls. Most of all it's fun, gets you out of the house and you get to meet other humans!

Edited by CalvinHobbes
  • Like 1