"Call off orders" from retail sheds

Just flying a kite to see if anyone has done similar, and with which suppliers.

This evening I ordered a quantity of CLS (200 off 38 x 63mm x 2.4m) and OSB3 from Wickes, because my local branch had a special 15% discount running until the end of March following a shop refurbishment and related confusion. And to avoid any imminent price rises.

With Wickes, because their CLS tends to be banana shaped after moving from the yard to the retail floor and changing with temperature and moisture (I assume), I like to go in first thing and choose the straight ones for the guys to fit that day or the next.

This time I have not quite exchanged on the bungalow to be renovated, so they said I could pay now and collect as needed over several weeks, and would just put a tally on the chitty each time. I won't take the P and will pick up 30-40 at a time, and make sure it is cleared in 3 weeks.

Has anybody else done this at other outlets? What were the arrangements?

it seems useful - though it may just be my local branch doing me a favour and locking in The business.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

When all added in £2.00 per length of CLS. Just under £13.00 per 18mm OSB3 sheet 25 off plus delivery.

As it happens I am dry lining so my 1220 x 2440 vs slightly smaller celotex 1200 x 2400 sizes should fit exactly with 38mm CLS while 45mm should be too tight. Famous last words perhaps !

Interested to hear of any better prices. I think that is OK but It can always be improved.

I couldn't find a way to get the 50mm celotex sheets much below £20 so that will probably be a delivery from the big two, since I reckon I may need well over 50.

Given sheds, a better offer may be along tomorrow.

Round here, B&Q are making a serious effort to compete on price with Wickes, which is relatively new - but I have been caught out a couple of times with items not turning out to have the the Trade Discount be applicable. B&Q do do free delivery on bulky items over £250, which Wickes do not, though.

F

Edited by Ferdinand