Before and after

Alien

An update of my first attempt at roofing.

Before and after piccies attached. Was much more work than expected but, have managed it. Had some serious rain storms recently and all is running well. 

Decided to go with the original lead line and managed to get ~75mm upstand and in most places 20mm into the flintwork. Couldn't secure with Hall clips (found another use for these though- spotted?) but rolled lead did the job. Sealed in the mortar line and added a 50mm lead sealant line over the top for security then sealed my flint work with water repellant.

I secured any areas where the mortar line was shallow with lead straps secured with the tile screw.

I don't think I'll ever make a roofer but, for first attempt I'm reasonably happy with my lead work. I'm sure the pros will disagree but, hey its done now.

I'll keep a close eye on this over the next few years and if it deteriates I'll drag the flint work out and lay some bricks. Out of all house repair, brickwork is one I don't like. I'm just hopeless at it and it takes me all day to lay 20 bricks. ?

Must cap the ends of the dry verge! 

On with the inside now. Vapour control done - just to board and skim.

First pics are a 'before' collection - 6 days to clear that lot and it was minging. Black mould, everything absolutely soaked. Stank like rotting food. 

Screenshot_20210827-130256_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210827-130059_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210827-125616_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1