fitting vertical column radiators

hello,

I have just bought one of these tall column radiators to go onto an internal partition wall.  i was wondering what the best method to mount it as I'm worried about the weight when it is full of water.

where I want it positioning is either side of a vertical stud, do people just mount these things too the plasterboard? or should I hack the wall out and fit some noggins for it to mount too?

the wall backs onto a cupboard so i can cut the wall out in their f needed.

i only have a small project house unlike some of you guys, i dont know how you keep your sanity!!

These vertical rads have quite a bit of weight to them, before filling with water. If you can cut out where the cupboard is and offer a couple of 200x200mm 18mm plywood squares and then fix the upper rad brackets through the plasterboard and into the ply that would then take all the weight and give a solid fixing. 
The lower fixings are usually either just bump stops or another 2 of the same brackets as you have up top. They are less important if you’ve got a good purchase up top, and can be done with some Gripits

Edited by Nickfromwales

I picked it up when it was still boxed up and the weight caught me by surprised compared to all the other rads i was shifting.

so just use the plywood squares as spreader plates and sandwich the plasterboard between the spreader and the radiator ? that would work good for this application.