Levelling Kitchen Floor

richo106

Hi

I am currently renovating my bungalow (only to make it livable  for a couple of years) All the flooring in the house is joisted apart from the kitchen which is sunken in the middle. 

Its around 30mm difference in the middle, it slopes in the from either side. I'm guessing some screwfix no nonsense levelling screed ( 3 - 50mm thickness) would be suitable.

It is on concrete floor, what primer would I need? and any tips on how to do it? Is it literally mix and pour and let it find its level?

It is 4 x 2.8m so how do I work out how many bags I need? It says 4m coverage but doesn't state at what thickness

Ideally I would break it all out, insulate and re concrete etc but I haven't decided if I want wet UFH when I do the big renovations

All help and advice appreciated

We did this on our kitchen as well. My tips would be to buy much more self leveller than you need, and return any unopened bags. Clean and vaccum the floor well, and damp down with water before pouring. Get a mixing paddle for your drill (or hire one) and get a system setup so you can mix and pour continuously. It goes off quickly so it's best to keep it moving. Get the consistency right, experiment with a half bag mix first in a far corner.