Now the fun starts - Vertical slating layout challenge.

I am just getting ready to fit the vertical cladding, fibre cement slates (300x600), and am trying to work how how best to lay them out. The structure is the structure so we cannot move the walls / windows - windows I could close up by up to 40mm if I was really up for it! So what I need to understand is what is going to look best and how small a sliver of tile is acceptable. The dimensions on the drawing are to the inner faces of the Kytun dry verges that form the edges on all the verticals so I have about 10mm play either end to still be inside the dry verge. In an ideal world I would like to run the slates from the tall dimension but I may need to shuffle things  - is that usual? Any thoughts gratefully accepted.

image.thumb.png.5bee070eb28560de9efabfa4dd539da1.png

You should be using slate and a half rather than slivers.  The min width should be half slate.  You may need Winchester type cuts at the top where you meet the slope.

image.png.edcacd1c2a455af7b29dfa98801fd395.png

Edited by Mr Punter
Image added

12 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

You should be using slate and a half rather than slivers.

Yes, I set myself the 1/2 slate limit but it won't fit around the windows. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

You may need Winchester type cuts at the top where you meet the slope.

That looks good but not sure it is quite our style and as they are fibre cement slates you will see the internal of the tile although I do have some paint I can use to sort that,