Planning conditions roof contruction

Rustyhead

Hi me again worrying over my conditions.

5. Details of the roof construction including details of eaves, undercloaks ridges, valleys
and verges shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning
Authority before the development commences. The development shall be carried out
in complete accordance with the approved details. 

Reason: To safeguard the architectural and historic interest and character of the
Heritage Asset.

how detailed should this condition be, will a  with a few simple drawings and a description of works or does it have to be more elaborate.

please and thank you

Our first build was pet of a Heritage site 

Your Working drawings will be fine 

In our case they wanted to know exactly what materials we where  using Things like Valleys They wanted to know we where using lead Not fibreglass 

I pulled photos off the manufacturers website of the Ridge tiles and slates 

and sash windows etc

Pretty much what planners ask for in a standard materials submission 

The good news is Once we broke ground 

They  let us get on with the build 

Thank you nod for your reassurance, I've got pics of the slates/ridge using and a picture of a past roof done in similar way to submit. 

I have asked planning if I need to have my pre conditions discharged(they are on the conversation only) before I start on a drive which was on the same planning but they didn't give a straight answer. 

Edited by Rustyhead
Added a bit

The condition is fairly clear in that it says the details must be..

On 01/06/2021 at 21:05, Rustyhead said:

...submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority before the development commences.

Development is defined under the 1990 Town and Country Planning Act as "the carrying out of building, engineering, mining or other operation in, on, over or under land, or the making of any material change in the use of any building or other land."

In my day you would get annotated drawings made and submit those with a letter asking for the condition to be discharged together with a cheque for the fee. The drawings would be roughly to scale and include dimensions, materials and any finishes (eg paint).

It might be acceptable to send an annotated photo but I'm sure he will be expecting a drawing.

I should add that its very unlikely they would initiate enforcement action if you started before getting the condition discharged. However there are situations where its important your start is legal. For example to keep,planning permission alive beyond 3 years and in some circumstances your VAT reclaim.

• Like 1