Do I need permission for this

Hi

I have a bungalow which was constructed initially with an integral garage with single up and over door. A free standing garage was later added in front of the bungalow (permission granted) and the bulk of the existing garage converted to utility room.

The front 8ft of the garage was left untouched for storage of garden equipment  etc.

Now the up and over door has seen better days and I am thinking of replacing it with a brick wall containing a glazed back door

I attach pictures of the existing up and over door and which back door will be fitted.

Do I need permission for this?

P1090715.JPG

P1090717.JPG

Edited by bumpy
spelling

24 minutes ago, LSB said:

I think it would be permitted development, but that does depend on other extensions done to the property.

Thanks, but its not an extension. The original garage with the up and over door was part of the original build.  It does not change the bungalows footprint.

1 hour ago, bumpy said:

Thanks, but its not an extension. The original garage with the up and over door was part of the original build.  It does not change the bungalows footprint.

ok, I'm not sure then what the rules are.

probably building regs

• 1 month later...

Not sure if you have received the advice you are looking for yet but should you wish to change the shutter doors with a brick wall that includes a fenestration or door then this would not be PD and you would require planning permission to be submitted. If the PD is not removed then you can convert the garage under PD but any changes to the elevation would require permission.  

I can further help if required?