patchy paint spots

TryC

Hi All,

I wondered if anyone could help with a question I have. I recently applied some sealer/primer onto a newly skimmed ceiling (underneath with plasterboard). I used a brush as advised on the instructions, and now I have applied the top coat but there seems to be something going on which I do not understand why it is happening.

Please see the image - this is the ceiling and I have highlighted this patch that seems to repel the top coat paint. Does anyone know why this is happening? It has had now three coats and this does seem to get better with each coat, but now I have three patches on the ceiling that has this happening whilst the rest of the ceiling is properly done with the coats.

I used the roller because I wanted a nice smooth application versus the paint markers left by the paint brushes. But in some areas where I have painted with the roller I can see brush strokes - could this be because of the sealer/primer application? and hence the reason why I am also getting patchy areas that is repelling the top coat?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Screenshot_20210428-212021_Gallery.jpg