Ceramic tile patio drainage using pedestals

cbk

Hi I'm planning a level inside outside floor level with a 6m slider.  Current design is based around the door design and the external surface will be 110mm below the finished internal floor level.  Plan is to lay 20mm ceramic tiles on adjustable pedestals with open joints.   The question I cant get an answer to is whether I need to allow for a slot drain along the patio boundary with the main house as well? Or will the gaps between tiles allow sufficient drainage?  Also any experience of which brand of pedestals are easiest to use would be helpful.  Tiles are likely to be 900x900x20mm.

34 minutes ago, cbk said:

Hi I'm planning a level inside outside floor level with a 6m slider.  Current design is based around the door design and the external surface will be 110mm below the finished internal floor level.  Plan is to lay 20mm ceramic tiles on adjustable pedestals with open joints.   The question I cant get an answer to is whether I need to allow for a slot drain along the patio boundary with the main house as well? Or will the gaps between tiles allow sufficient drainage?  Also any experience of which brand of pedestals are easiest to use would be helpful.  Tiles are likely to be 900x900x20mm.

Water will quickly drain through the tiles But I would put a drain the full length of the doors