Concrete fence post next to house

AJ20

I have looked through the forum and cant seem to find an answer to my question, how do you go about installing concrete fence post right next to the house? 

So far I have read conflicting information on the net, is it better to bolt it against the wall using concrete bolts or dig a post hole next to the wal and possibly come up against the foundation?

Some suggested digging a foot away from house but would that not leave an empty gap?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Edited by AJ20

19 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Dig 100mm out and put the post in. Then put the 2nd post to suit your panel/d rail from the wall.

Sorry, do you mean 100mm out from the wall? Would that avoid the footing? I guess there is only 1 way to find out.

Edited by AJ20

Normally a 100mm would be enough. If it's 150mm it won't really make any difference. The only important bit it's the measurement to the 2nd post and you take it from the wall to suit how you intend to do your fence.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Normally a 100mm would be enough. If it's 150mm it won't really make any difference. The only important bit it's the measurement to the 2nd post and you take it from the wall to suit how you intend to do your fence.

Not worried so much about the second post as I will start from the house end and finishing it off at the other end of the back garden doing one post/panel at a time.....I will probably have smaller panel at the end.

• Like 1