Windows in a conservation area

marsaday

I understand i need to apply for planning if changing a window in a conservation area, but i thought this related to going from a wood window to a PVC one.

Does anyone know if i need planning to put in new PVC windows, which will replace quite old PVC ones (20 + years old).  The glass is all misted up on most of them and they are not opening and closing very well.

Unfortunately you will We had to build sash widows into ours 

To match our two neighbors 

One has sash The other which is listed has Brown UPVC at the front and Aluminum old type Everest at the back  fitted 30 plus years ago I pointed this out They simply said if he replaces his windows he will have to go back to timber sash 

Though they allowed us to use UPV grained sash 

So some hope there for you 

Or you could just go ahead like my neighbors father did 

I have fitted D/G units in a house in a different area.  This is conservation, but everyone does as they like.  So there was no come back.

I might just go for it again on my own and not say anything.  It is so expensive.  Pre plan app is £60.  Then planning is £205.  BC is £98 for windows.

Just found out this new house is in an article 4 area, so more restrictive on development.  Dormas are not allowed, but this house has one.  It has been in years, but there is no proof when it was installed.  

1 hour ago, marsaday said:

I might just go for it again on my own and not say anything.  It is so expensive.  Pre plan app is £60.  Then planning is £205.  BC is £98 for windows.

Why do you need Pre-Planning/application advice? Even if you did, it could cost you a lot more than all that should you carry out the works without approval. Is it really worth the risk for what is a very minimal outlay?

25 minutes ago, marsaday said:

Just found out this new house is in an article 4 area, so more restrictive on development.  Dormas are not allowed, but this house has one.  It has been in years, but there is no proof when it was installed.  

It’d be deemed Lawful after four years anyway so you could do that should you want it all tied up properly.