Small MVHR in only part of a house?

Hi,

I’m currently in the middle of a large but unusual conversion project whereby there are  4 bathrooms, 1 WC and 1 utility room(5 without windows) requiring ventilation and I am looking at being efficient by installing a very simple MVHR system to extract from these rooms and then try to ventilate fresh air to one or two other rooms also without any windows/ventilation. Other rooms in the property have windows and are further away so I don’t intend to do any MVHR ventilation purely from a cost point of view.

What I would like to know is can I have a MVHR system for just part of a house or does it have to be whole house? I don’t have the budget to do whole house unfortunately but have been told a couple of times when trying to get quotes that they only do whole house and so therefore not quote for me.

If partial MVHR is not recommended, is there another system or setup that anyone suggests that could work better? Only 3 people living in the property included 1 young child so there will not be much usage to those bathrooms but I am trying to futureproof the property whilst also being efficient.

I’m really stuck for the best setup on a relatively low budget. I’ve read on some sites that MVHR really isn’t worth the investment and returns in cost efficiency.

• 2 weeks later...