New 3 bedroom Self-Build - Cambridgeshire

IainParnell

Good afternoon.

So we have been lucky enough to be given some land to erect our new family home.

We have achieved planning now but the next stage of providing the information to meet various conditions has been quote at £1500 by our Architect.  Then a further £4500 to achieve building regs.  This seems quite expensive?

Condition 3 - schedule of external materials and detailing (client to provide details as stated in the condition pursuant to approved plans)

Condition 6 - ground levels (PPA to annotate approved block/hard landscape plan with FFL and associated ground levels)

Condition 7 - hard land soft landscaping schemes (client to provide plans from preferred landscape architect)

Condition 8 - preparation of a Biodiversity Method Statement (client to provide BMS from preferred ecologist)

Condition 11 - access construction details (client to provide plans of access construction detailing)

Any thoughts on doing this stuff yourself?

Cheers

Iain

1 hour ago, IainParnell said:

Good afternoon.

So we have been lucky enough to be given some land to erect our new family home.

We have achieved planning now but the next stage of providing the information to meet various conditions has been quote at £1500 by our Architect.  Then a further £4500 to achieve building regs.  This seems quite expensive?

Condition 3 - schedule of external materials and detailing (client to provide details as stated in the condition pursuant to approved plans)

Condition 6 - ground levels (PPA to annotate approved block/hard landscape plan with FFL and associated ground levels)

Condition 7 - hard land soft landscaping schemes (client to provide plans from preferred landscape architect)

Condition 8 - preparation of a Biodiversity Method Statement (client to provide BMS from preferred ecologist)

Condition 11 - access construction details (client to provide plans of access construction detailing)

Any thoughts on doing this stuff yourself?

Cheers

Iain

It’s very expensive 

I’ve been quoted by the Architect that did our last build 

1700 for design 

Similar for the full planning building regs and material submission 

35 minutes ago, nod said:

It’s very expensive 

I’ve been quoted by the Architect that did our last build 

1700 for design 

Similar for the full planning building regs and material submission 

Thats my view but I'm unsure how to deal with discharging the planning conditions myself.

I am in Northern Cambs and know a use an architectural technician who will do the submissions for not much more than a couple of hundred I imagine - PM me for details.