Overnight setback?

Our Titon MVHR unit has a 'setback' feature whereby, if you apply 240V to one of its input it'll reduce the flow+extract rate to halfway between minimum and the 'normal' rate. I believe it is intended to be used when away from the property however I was wondering if it could find utility overnight?

The system works really well and isn't noisy, however I am mindful that in our less-than-optimum house (in terms of insulation, airtightness) it could be advantageous to reduce operating losses whereever possible and whilst it might be a compromise on performance to do this during the day I figured at night our water-producing activities are much reduced? Sure, we're still breathing but we're not bathing, cooking etc and we'd still be getting some level of ventilation.

Just thought I'd share the idea with the panel and see what you think. I already control the unit with a Pi and some 'smart' relays so adding another input wouldn't be too difficult, and I suppose in addition to limiting it to nighttime I could activate the setback only when outside temperatures are particularly low and corresponding heat loss high.

4 minutes ago, Roundtuit said:

Should work ok; it's a standard feature on our Vent axia system to switch to a 'low' setting between 23:00 and 06:00.

Oh okay - good! I thought I'd come up with an idea that would revolutionise the world of MVHR. Hopefully still time to cancel my patent application...

• Haha 2