two smaller V one larger?

Makeitstop

Hi Everyone.

The thread title sounds a bit "carry on films" I know, but it's about flatroof glazing..

I am looking to put together a plan for a smallish kitchen extension, which will have a flat roof. This faces north, so not the best in terms of light gain. What are the views of people with regard to using one larger rooflight against two smaller ones. When I say two smaller, I'm considering perhaps two at 1m X 1.5m size. no idea on larger as yet.

Don't want a lantern and would prefer to keep the profile lower. does not necessarily need to be an opener, although if two smaller, would likely have one as opener.

also, if anyone has suggestions for a "reasonably" cost effective option, please do share.

Any views on this.?

If it faces North then how about putting a couple of pairs (see your 1 is now 4..!!) standard Velux Windows on 15 degree upstands, with two facing east and two facing west ..? Probably find it cheaper using 4 Velux than a single or even two large flat panels. 

You could have them automated too... would look like a sub launching missiles if they all opened together ..! ?