Shower tray replacement.

Simba_ali

Hello,

Can anyone give a rough idea of how much it would cost for a like for like replacement of this shower tray? It's 900x900 , the bottom tiles would need removing and replacing (5 tiles) and the tray is hopefully a like for like in terms of size and waste trap location. 

I was quoted £1000 which I thought was abit steep...the property is in the South east so I know it's properly abit more but it still seems high. I would be supplying the tray so it would be just a labour cost.

IMG-20201203-WA0009~2.jpg

Edited by Simba_ali

The chances of getting the 5 tiles off the wall without breaking is very slim.

The chances of getting replacement matching tiles is slim to none

The damage that may be caused insodoing is unknown.

£1000 is steep, but it could lead to having to retile a much bigger area

I wonder if it would be feasible to first try and cut the bottom 5 tiles in situ with a suitable diamond disc? At the depth of course of the new tray. The tiles could then sit atop the new tray rather than the tray abutting the tiles. It might make for a better waterproofing detail...

I did think about the tiles breaking and to be honest I'm not really bothered about matching tiles. I was thinking of buying plain black tiles with the same measurements to go around the bottom so I don't have to change the entire wall.

From what I understand the tray has 4 upstands so the tiles sit on top of the tray with a cm gap. 

I was looking more in the region of £500-600 to replace this tray (the Labour) unless any additional work is required such as replacing any wet subfloor etc which will obviously push the price up. 

Does this sound reasonable? Also what do you mean by "the damage in doing so is unknown?"

Edited by Simba_ali