How to get an expired charge removed from a title deed

Hi,

I own the plot on which I want to build and it is covered by two title deeds. One of the deeds shows a charge registered against it. The charge was for a period of time which expired 6 years ago. Does anyone know how I set about getting the charge removed as the title will be required for a section 106 agreement.

Thanks

Al

Thanks. I have now got in touch with the solicitor so and have been advised to get in touch with the company responsible for the charge and ask them to have it removed. If they say that I need a solicitor then my solicitor will get involved. Will take time but I guess he's saving me money.

15 minutes ago, Technoheckno said:

Thanks,

I did consult one and he told me to do this - but I suppose that I could ask another and see if I get the same response.

Al

Ultimately they can be removed by applying to the Court, but for most people that would also be via a solicitor.

On 08/11/2020 at 13:38, Ferdinand said:

Ultimately they can be removed by applying to the Court, but for most people that would also be via a solicitor.

So far I've been in touch with the company holding the charge and they're looking into it. I'm hoping that they'll apply to have the charge removed themselves otherwise they may give me permission to apply for the removal in which case I expect that I'll need a solicitor.