Anyone done a deep clean?

We’re in a property that’s had a Villavent (now systemair) in for about 20 years. 

the programmer doesn’t work any more and Systemair say there’s no parts for it now, however it’s still seems to be chugging away. 

anyways... we’re doing lots of refurbishments and I’ve noticed the flexducts are chocked with dust.. 

Has anyone done any deep cleans? I’ve read about companies with giant hoovers to suck/blow dust out and varies contraptions to actually go up the ducts. 

Worth bothering with? It’s not broke at moment but I do think it could prob run more efficiently if it wasn’t so clogged up. 

Filters are generally pretty clean, but we’ve def grease staining on the slates around the exhaust vent. 

Hoover what you can then suck a length of wool down the ducts and use that to tie on a piece of nylon cord. Tie that around a piece of rag and give it a good soak in anti bac spray and pull it though the duct. Worth tying another bit of cord to the rag to retrieve it if it gets jammed. 

4 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

I've seen someone use one of these on a video before: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124213392454

Longer you need it just get more extension bits

I don’t think this’ll get through our ducts, we’ve 90° bends and mini ducts etc etc. Proper rabbit Warren.

I also worry about puncturing the ducting with something like this. 

cloth and string seems a good shout.